Next in line is a "Retro Butterick", number 4513. This is another pattern that hopped right in my basket and refused to leave during the .99 cent sale at Joann's! I particularly love the dramatic fluffy looking full skirt and the darling ribbon-y bows on the shoulders. I'm not crazy about the fabric and color choices for view B, but I decided to try and recreate view A with yellow roses. I used another sheet... Lol... But it actually worked this time! I really like the delicate yellow rose print. The flowers aren't real big, and they aren't real close together and chaotic, they're nicely
Using sheets is wonderful in that you have a huge amount of fabric. (Most sheets have the inches of the mattress on the tag.) Incase it doesn't, here is a chart to help you figure out how much fabric you actually have.
Fitted Sheet Sizes
- Twin--39 x 75 inches (or 99 x 190 cm)
- X-Long Twin--39 x 80 inches (99 x 203 cm)
- Full--54 x 75 inches (137 x 190 cm)
- Queen--60 x 80 inches (or 153 x 203 cm)
- King--76 x 80 inches (or 198 x 203 cm)
- California King--72 x 84 inches (or 182 x 213 cm)
Flat Sheet Sizes
- Twin--66 x 96 inches (or 167 x 243 cm)
- X-Long Twin--66 x 102 inches (or 167 x 259 cm)
- Full--81 x 96 inches (or 205 x 243 cm)
- Queen--90 x 102 inches (or 228 x 259 cm)
- King/California King--108 x 102 inches (or 274 x 259 cm)
When using sheets you will usually have to line the garment because (fitted sheets in particular) are fairly see through.
This is the yellow rose dress so far. I basically have it all done except for the yellow bows and edging. Meaning I need to go out and buy some double fold yellow bias tape lol.
I promise to stay updated this time!