Monday, June 28, 2010

Oops!

I was so excited about my new lipsticks I completely forgot to talk about the new fabric I bought!
 These three were on clearance at Joanns and will all end up being pretty, fluffy full skirts! My favorite is the purple flowers, I was thinking of making a yellow sleeveless blouse to go with it. I'm already working on a white shirt sleeve button up blouse for the other two skirts.
The aqua gingham and cherry print were so pretty I had to buy them, and they will be dresses. Gingham has become my new favorite fabric. If it is in the wrong color it can look kinda picnic tablecloth-ish though. I think the aqua is subtle and delicate and will be pretty as a dress. I was thinking something along the lines of Vivien of Holloway's 1950's halterneck gingham dress. I first saw it on The Freelancer's Fashion Blog in yellow and loved it. I'm not about to pay a crap load of money for a dress though. Especially not the same one another blogger has. So I figured I would make my own! And not in yellow since I already made a yellow gingham skirt. (I'll do a post on that later.)

The retro cherry dress is very common and kinda stereotypical. I really like it though, lol but I want to do something more unique than a halter or wiggle dress. The will be a red midriff and the bodice, short sleeves and circle skirt will be the cherry print.




                               -Ana

No comments: