Thursday, June 16, 2011

Really late project post!

      This is a post I started several months ago but never finished. (Actually this is from July last year... lol! oops!) This post isn't going go into details and steps as I cant remember that far back, but I hope it still helps anyone out there thinking of doing these projects.

This is the Creamsicle dress made from a white and orange, thin striped, thick cotton I bought from I love this Butterick pattern. It has a really cute cut out and giant fabric covered buttons. The only downside is that it's from 1986 so the bodice is baggy and has kimono sleeves. The fabric is too thick for that style and it isn't flattering on me so I modified it and added french darts and short sleeves.

   I found a really ugly mini yellow gingham dress for $1.50 at a thrift store, I bought it thinking I could make it a cute, casual dress. That didn't work out though so I took it apart and made a cute, casual skirt! It's a bit longer than I'd like but still darling. I adore the matching little fabric covered buttons.

 Looking back at these pictures I'm considering shortening them a good 3-4 inches. My legs look longer when the hem line hits me at the knee area. I'm going to try and take some pictures of  me wearing them after I alter them.  Sorry about the lacking project posts!


No comments: