Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nail of the Day

When I bought the Wet n Wild "Comfort Zone" palette I also bought a few Wet n Wild nail polishes from their new core line. All the colors looked awesome, even basic colors like yellow and silver were unique and pretty looking. On top of being neat colors they had cute names! Example: SaGreena the teenage witch, Blue wants to be a millionaire, Buffy the violet slayer. Get it? they're all named after tv shows with the color of the polish worked in! It was really hard to buy just one... so I got four! Haha! I got Gray's Anatomy, Blue wants to be a millionaire, Teal of fortune and party of five glitters. Today I am wearing "Gray's Anatomy"


This was taken indoors in natural light. The bottle is so gorgeous I can hardly stand it! Unfortunately it doesn't show up on the nail quite as rainbowy.  As you can see from the picture below it comes across as more of a sheer frosty silver with a bright lavender shimmer. It took three coats to become almost opaque and I should have done a fourth but I was kinda tired of it already... lol






These photos show the hidden greenish-teal side of the polish, but for the life of me I could not see any of the bright multichrome colors seen in the bottle. I liked the formula of the polish, it was slightly thick. It was so sheer even with 3 thick coats there was visible nail line though. If you head over to Scrangie's blog you'll see she has a compairison of Wet n Wild "Gray's Anatomy" and Deborah Lippmann's "Wicked Game".

Scrangie says: "They are so very, very close that I feel comfortable calling them dupes. There are some minor differences in formula- the Wet n Wild is a lot thicker and more opaque, requiring only three coats while Lippmann Wicked Game is more sheer and a little more watery and needs at least four coats for opacity. There is ever so slightly more duochrome effect on the Lippmann polish. And, one totally superficial difference: The Deborah Lippmann polish has a way, way prettier looking bottle. I looooove Lippmann's bottles. But, side by side, the polishes are practically identical."

Overall $1.99 is a great price for a pretty polish. Especially if you want Deborah Lippmann's "Wicked Game" without the $16 price tag. But if you're looking for rainbow multichrome this doesn't quite hit the spot.




ANA

No comments: