Thursday, May 3, 2012

Darling Girl "I Wanna Be Sedated" smokey purple and taupe look!


Darling Girl I Wanna Be Sedated is soooooo beautiful. Pictures don't even begin to capture all the complexities and depth this eyeshadow has. The best way I can explain it is as a dirty maroon/brown with gold shimmer that shifts gold to green depending on the angle. As my primer and base, I used Darling Girl Glitter Glue. For placement I put I wanna be Sedated on the inner third of my eyelid. Pairing it with DG Be Mine on the middle third, Femme Fatale Cosmetics Smokebomb on the outer third and Wet n Wild matte nude to highlight the browbone and inner corner. I wasn't happy with the level of sparkle, so I added Rimmel Glitter Eyeshadow Pencil in Stardust on top of the matte nude. To finish it off, my winged liner is Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. For my cheeks I used DG Boy Crazy blush, it's perfect if you want a subtle shimmer in a neutral color that won't compete with your dark smokey eye. DG Goldfinger hologloss is the perfect understated, golden, sparkly lip.














2 coats of China Glaze Side Saddle.
 For this mani I used one coat of basecoat, two coats of China Glaze Side Saddle, one coat of OPI Pearl of Wisdom and one coat of OPI Glitter Bit of Music. All photos were taken in window light.








ANA

2 comments:

Desert Rose said...

Love your looks! This one makes your blue eyes pop like crazy!

Annelise said...

Thank you! I think the colors in this look would be fantastic on a wide range of eye colors.