Monday, August 8, 2011

Glamour Doll Eyes review and look

A few weeks ago I ordered my very first indie mineral makeup. I ordered from Glamour Doll Eyes, Meow Cosmetics and Evil Shades. All three companies were highly recommended by many bloggers. The first review I'm doing is on Glamour Doll Eyes (GDE) Look for the other two reviews later this week!



The GDE website descriptions
Strawberry Cupcake: medium shimmery pink (unblended)
Jailhouse Jumpsuit: bright orange (formally known as Orange Crush)
Doll House: very light yellow with blue sparkle
Frankenglamour: almost lime green with gold sheen
Dirty Jeans: teal green and rubs into green-blue with golden hues
Lace Panties: light pink/purple with gold undertones
Angel Wings: very pearly white with a hint of purple sparkleStellar: matte black mixed with a shimmery pink and purple
Bruised: darkened purple with black undertones and gorgeous aqua sparkle
Disco White: white with some rad aqua glitter







My descriptions
Strawberry Cupcake: medium shimmery pink
Jailhouse Jumpsuit: bright shimmery orange
Doll House: very light shimmery yellow(couldn't see any blue sparkles in the bag, my hand or GDE's photos)
Frankenglamour: light green with gold sheen
Dirty Jeans: dusty sky blue with gold sheen
Lace Panties: dark lavender with gold sheen and sparkles
Angel Wings: pearly white (couldn't see any purple in the bag, my hand or GDE's photos)
Stellar: matte black mixed with purple shimmer
Bruised: darkened purple with black undertones and gorgeous aqua sparkle
Disco White: matte white with subtle aqua sparkles




I Used
elf eyelid primer
Jailhouse Jumpsuit on outer V
Doll House on eyelid
Disco White on inner corner
Maybelline Lash Stiletto on lashes


So far I'm really excited about the makeup I got, the colors are bright and pigmented, they last all day with no creasing or fading, they work well with other primers and bases and are super easy to work with! Though I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't get some of the shadow's sparkles to show up at all. I'd like to try using Pixie Epoxy or GDE "Foil Me" and see if they are more noticeable.



I bought Tutti Dolci "Mango Sorbetto" on eBay because of all the rave reviews on Makeup Alley. Basically is applies clear with a slight coral tint and tiny translucent silver glitter. I love the glitter, it's barely noticeable and makes your lips look bright and super glossy. I didn't notice any color on me, but I have pigmented lips so it might give other people a sheer wash of color.



It smells like artificial fruit and sweetness. It's nice but not really mango. Sorta reminds me of peach iced tea LOL. It tastes pretty bad... like unflavored lip gloss... they didn't even try to cover up the chemical taste.



For $4 on eBay it's a nice lip product if you want very glossy lips. If I had paid $8 retail at Bath and Body Works (where I got my other ones) I would have been very disappointed and returned it.


 

Wet n Wild: Wild shine nail color in "Sunny Side". I LOVE this color! The perfect summery, cantaloupe orange! $.99 at Walgreens and Rite Aid. The Wild Shine line of nail polish is awesome, they have a great selection of colors. They're super glossy too, though a little sheer so I used 3 coats for an even, opaque mani.


Overall I like everything I'm wearing and plan on get more Glamour Doll Eyes, Tutti Dolci and Wild Shine nail polish. Hope this was helpful!


ANA

No comments: