Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wet n Wild "We're Blasting Off" review + look

One of the limited edition Dream Weavers trios I picked up was We're Blasting Off. I was really impressed with this trio. At first the three colors together looked a little strange to me. After applying it and playing around with color combination I've really started to like it. I've never worn pink eyeshadow because I've heard it makes you look like you have pink eye, but this is such a nice smooth, pale, matte pink. I think it would look lovely on any and all skin tones. The pink browbone shade is nicely pigmented, though not nearly as pigmented as the other two colors.


I would describe the colors as a light, matte, neutral toned pink. Black with dark pink pearl shimmers. And a frosty, pink toned, silvery beige.


 









I Used:
elf eyelid primer
Wet n Wild We're Blasting Off trio
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
Revlon Extra Curl eyelash curler
Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express mascara
L.A. Colors Autoliner in Black
Meow Cosmetics "Anana" blush
Liplicious by Bath and Body Works "Into the Wild" wild berry lip gloss
Wet N Wild Flirty Rose Creme nail polish
Color Club Femme Fatale nail polish


Into The Wild smells like raspberry sorbet or something equally fruity, sweet and tart. I actually really like the smell a lot, it reminds me of a Lip Smackers chapstick I had in elementary school. I think it was strawberry cheesecake flavored, I must of had like 30 Lip Smackers lol. I remember losing this specific one in PE (physical education) and being really upset about it. I like the look of this gloss on me. It tones down my natural mauvey pigmentation and makes my lips look brighter pink. It has a pink base with tons of sparkles and teeny, tiny silver and pink glitter, slightly "gritty" feeling but I didn't notice it much. It's hard to tell in the photos but some of the micro glitter is opalescent. Meaning it flashes different colors depending on the light (not holographic).








Three coats of WnW Wild Shine "Flirty Rose Creme" for even opaqueness and two coats of Color Club Femme Fatale. Flirty Rose Creme is a pale neutral pink with a glossy finish. Femme Fatale has a sheer, almost clear, milky base with pinkish red pearl.






ANA

No comments: